Tuesday 26 April 2011

Day 3 Sandfire Flat to Pardoo- 140 kms

The day started with drama. Collis rose early & couldn’t get the donger door to shut from the outside so he locked the door. I was left locked in the donger when I was desperate to get to the toilet. I kicked , knocked & yelled for at least half an hour before Woody heard my distress calls & let me out. Collis did not fair too well after this episode. 



 Everyone off early again today- Good Friday. I couldn’t find any hot cross buns for morning tea. Lots of signs along the road but nothing to go with them- we didn't see too many stray cows or even dead kangaroos. A couple of letter boxes were about the only signs of people living out here.




For morning tea today Norm made our own shade with his tarpaulin-  appreciated by everyone. Lots of spiders around the trees today with lots of intricate spider webs- not sure if they were poisonous. Some wild flowers along the way which brightened up the scenery.



There was a bit of burning off today which stayed with us for quite a few hours. We were told it was a way to scare out the wild life but we didn't see any. Are we running out of kangaroos??? The 5 km sign to Pardoo was a welcome to all riders. They are getting pretty weary now following these three long days on the saddle.



Things are starting to go missing already- Lorraine & Richard both lost their mugs but they turned up before the day was over. I lost a couple of pairs of undies from the washing line- they must have been too sexy for the boys to leave alone.
One rider overheated today & got a lift in when he started to vomit.
I rode for the 1st time today- 32 kms before Collis picked me up.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment