Saturday 14 May 2011

Day 19- Denham - Mother’s Day


Up early as a group of us were heading to Monkey Mia for the dolphin feeding which they will only guarantee for the 7.45 am appearance. Richard was supposed to come with us but he was still asleep at the departure time so Jerry jumped into his spot. I am sure the dolphins that we were waiting for were all women and I’m sure they stayed in bed for breakfast as they didn’t appear for nearly an hour past the allotted time. But when they came they all came to say hello. I think I counted around 12-14 dolphins. They were gorgeous and came all the way up the beach to look at us- they no longer let you touch the dolphins and only a certain number in the water when they are around.




I’ve got another 2 meals I have to cook for so we needed to do another big shop. The IGA at Denham wasn’t all that well stocked and made it difficult to decide just what to have on the menu. (I ended up deciding to do a spaghetti sauce with the chicken wings for the first night with same sauce minus the chicken and add beans for the vegetarian & then vegetable risotto for the bush camp which we will be unable to keep meat cold enough for. Hope I have enough food to feed the hungry hoards.

Went to the fish fiesta for tea again tonight but it was only Collis, Gayle & I that tried it this time and we were sorely disappointed with the portion size of the lamb roast provided. We keep meeting up with this Swiss couple everywhere we go- we originally met them in Coral bay and we had tea with them tonight. This is his 5th visit to Oz but her first. They are travelling around with their little boy who appears to have cerebral palsy. I’m sure we will run into them again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment